View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 12:13 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Black and Olive Wooly Bugger Representation

Quote:
Originally Posted by colter View Post
Does anyone know what a black and olive woolly bugger is supposed to look like to a trout? With or without a bead? I have had good luck with them, but I don't know what they represent. Also, to keep dry flies afloat nicely i have been using a spray, but I saw a man putting his fly in a container and shaking it to dry it. It seems like there wouldn't be as much as an oily mess, so does anyone know what it is or where I could get one? I would appreciate the help.
Try gink for floatant, you put a dab on your fingers rub them together, and use your fingers to apply to the fly

the container may have been silica gel (or similar desicant) or an older style of floatant but this leaves an oily film on the water

I think that wooly buggers represent food, they have plenty of movement, have a wee bit of flash and a plump body trout love an easy meal

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD