View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring Break Colorado

Jessie: I don't know anything about those reservoirs, but my guess is that they would still be frozen in March, but I could be wrong. Pagosa Springs to the south of Wolf Creek is at 7,100 ft elevation and South Fork to the north is at 8,200 ft. From Wolf Creek Pass you are only 95 miles from the San Juan River, NM. I have heard that it fishes very well in March. You would be sight fishing with small midges and BWO patterns size 24/26 on 6x/7x tippet but they have some really nice trout in that tailwater and it offers plenty of wading opportunities. If your uncomfortable fishing with small midges, get a guide for a half day and let him show you how to rig up and fish that style of fishing. I'd call Abe's Motel and Fly Shop and ask about current conditions before you head over there. They also have guide services. Abe's Motel and Fly Shop

Larry