View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 05:04 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Fisher Dies in Clark River

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
It is a shame than this fellow lost his life.

I have never heard of anyone being belted into a float tube. I suspect that the belted in part resulted in his drowning. Since it is a U-tube he could have learned over too far forward and flip over that way. Being belted in prevented he from fleeing the tube once it was inverted. A terrible thing.
Agree with Frank.

Someone told me a long time ago that there used to be a military test for aspiring pilots that involved being turned upside down in the water (simulating a water ditch). My understanding is that a lot of them had trouble with that test. The panic of being in the water and being upside down caused them to miss the key factor; un-belting themselves to escape.

I would never belt myself into any water craft and I've been spending time on the water for well over 50 years.

Pocono