Thread: Hello There
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 07:09 AM

EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough
Smile Hello There

I'm totally new to this forum, but not really to fly fishing. I was first introduced to a fly rod by my late friend Louis Davis in South Dakota back in 1955 concentrating mostly on bass, crappies and sunfish. I taught myself to tie flies-my first creations using pheasant feathers and much too large hooks. God knows what the fish thought they were, but they did their best to destroy them as fast as I could tie them. Didn't fish for trout till 1968 in eastern Washington for brookies, bows , cutthroats and the occasional brownie, but I was hooked for life. Due to commitments-family-moving to england, having to pay bills my fishing stopped from 1979-2007 but since I returned to it I've embraced it in a big way. I don't get out nearly as much as I'd like to as I don't drive and haven't so far been able to find anyone to go out with, but I'm an optimist and hope that'll soon change. My fly-tying is certainly not professional level, but they catch fish so I must be doing something right. The last time I actually was fishing was on Banks Lake, eastern Washington on the 21st June,2010, the first time I'd been back to visit the USA in eleven years! I look forward to chatting to some of you and perhaps picking up a few tips from you members of the forum. If anyone reading this Does want someone to go fishing with please e-mail me at "bydthiel07@yahoo.co.uk" to get contact details. Thank You and "Tight Lines"

Last edited by flytier07; 02-06-2011 at 07:06 AM.