View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 08:30 PM

dang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nice
Default Landon Mayers Pets

I promised Landon's Pets to silvertip8k well Today was the day
I knew what today would hold ..A cranky Yat and a butt load of fish..
For some reason I am not considered legitimate,as a fly fisher in most Colorado Circles...What ever..
25 years boys,,25 years of doing this thing we love..25 years of catching and releasing food, that would make Gandhi ask "Umm ..Steve..ya think we could fillet one of those?"
25 years of TROUT..when I started on forum's I thought it would be a neat way to introduce people to Fly Fishing..Man was I wrong..LOL I so don't want to go there..any way

DANG OLD KINGS PHILOSOPHY..Fish are a resource that "MIGHT" be renewed..over time..I view them as ART.. Not Food..I live my Trout Life accordingly..
That's all I have to say about my philosophy..and with That...Landon Mayer's pets...

You know your a Trout bum when you lie to your wife about fishing.. I did not tell her what I was doing today. I cleared it with the boss a week ago..
I knew the Art show would drive me too the river ..and it did..I invited everyone ..The only Forum guy to say yes was Yat.. I kind of wished he would have told me what a giant pain in the butt he was going to be cause I would have made it to the river 40 min earlier.. and not have to listen to the whine of a grown ass man.. Oh well.. We all have bad days.

Not me..I tried to send Coloradonative some live updates but my phone crapped its pants ..so here are the pics I tried to send Mike
Click the image to open in full size.
You fellers in the springs sit at Heavens Door Way.. The Peak was encircled with a cloud that made it look Pompeii ish.. so freaking cool
My 1st fish
After this guy it was OFF THE HOOK for the next 3 hours.. sick.. is what comes to mind.
I lost Battery power bout 5 fish into it, your just gonna have to trust me on this..The last Picture is confirmation..Hope Bob sends it...
FOOD
Yeah no giant buggers.. no Cast masters.. No streamers..These fish were focused on That.. #20 midge
This little fella was one of 30..DOK wisdon Follows..if your catching small fish..work the hole a bit longer..a monster usually lives there
My advice ..I listen to it..The next few fish worked the line & stick.. .. 15 to 18" in size and just so much fun
This last one is amazing but I'm at the will of Yat for the pics..

I had an amazing day it was fun to the enth degree..
All the best to my fly fishing brothers

Last edited by dang old king; 02-05-2011 at 09:12 AM.