Thread: New Vest
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 08:06 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Vest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillh2o View Post
I have an Orvis Battenkill Pro mesh vest that came without a loop to hold the rod. I used some leather shoe lace and attached it through the mesh with a square knot to make a rod holder loop. I placed this on the right bottom side of the vest about at a 45 degree angle from the velcro tab on the left side of the chest. You would think Orvis could have added this as it's on the regular Battenkill Pro vest.
I had this same problem with my William Joseph Fusion Vest, which amazed me since that vest is the most fully-featured of any vest I've ever looked at. What was particularly surprising was that there was a Velcro tab high up on the chest for, presumably, holding the rod shaft, yet there was no loop off the bottom to hold the rod butt. After also trying the shoelace improvisation, I finally figured out (with Joni's help, as I recall) that the cinch-up bungee cord-type "tighteners" that tighten up the bottom of the vest around the waist could and may have been intended to serve double-duty for holding the rod butt. Once I figured this out,it's worked well. Perhaps your Orvis Battenkill Pro Mesh Vest has a similar "double duty" arrangement?