View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flytying tips and techniques.......

Joni gave me this "Thread idea".
In a post she made about Leech yarn, She mentioned that she takes the Mohair out of the yarn and spins it in a loop of another smaller diameter thread.
I think that's a great idea, there are times that you don't want the excess bulk, and that idea addresses the issue.

Well it makes sense to have a thread for "Tips and Techniques", I'm sure we all have some things that we do that are not really commonplace, or something someone has shown us that really helps in the process.

One thing that I will throw out here has nothing to do with technique, but deals more with material storage.
My Wife Pam is a Dental Hygienist, and a few times a year they get new "hand pieces" like mirrors, picks, and those little scraper things that they use to scrape stuff off your teeth.

Anyway, those hand pieces come in a small tube about 9" long and about a 1/2" in Diameter with caps on both ends.
They work wonderful for storing "Krystal Flash" and "Flashabou" type materials.

So as much as it hurts to go to the Dentist office at times.... I would suggest you become friends with your local friendly Hygienist and ask her to save these little tubes the next time they get new handpieces.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."