View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: sharkskin magnum, pike/muskie or bass bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackh View Post
did not realize this, thankyou. i guess that rules that one out for me.

some ppl on another forum said they didn't like the SS because its hell on your hands and also you need to clean it much more often than you do normal line because algae and stuff can grow in the tiny "scales" on the line. is this true? does the MT line have this problem as well?
I've not noticed anything growing on mine, but given the amount of texture, I suppose its possible, if you're fishing in dirty water. But in those conditions, I'd be more concerned about silt filling in the texture.

Saltwater is another concern. Salt crystals could fill in the texture if you don't clean the thing. I always rinse and then soak my reels in freshwater after fishing the salt, though that's more to prevent corrosion on the reel.

I suppose both possibilities are possible on the MT as well, though to a much lesser degree.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.