View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Flytying tips and techniques.......

Hi to all,

Good idea for a thread.

Your Dentist has many things you can use. I have bought old dentist lights that are a great light for fly tying or other hobbies. The Focal length is several feet and you can get the light up out of your way. I had 4 of them when I was building guns. My dentist also sold me some dental burrs that were carbide and they last forever. Nice to work on epoxy bodies and making cavities for eyes. They also come in diamond but I didn't find I needed them.

Another good idea is to use Mason large mouth jars for storage. I have some Indian Hen Necks that I bought in the 70's and they are as good as new. I stored one in each jar. I bought a case of canning jars that came with lids. The problem today is the jars are pretty expensive.

How about urine sample cups for storage. These are really neat. Get the kind with a screw on top. If you know some one that works in the medical field they will have a catalog for medical related items. Believe me you will like these. I went to my local hospital and talked to someone in the lab and she gave me 20 cups and lids.

Frank