View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 07:06 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fish - Smart / Notsmart?

I'm going to go with NOT smart.
I believe fish have amazing instincts. Instincts that we just don't have and can't understand. What we see as a twitch or a short strip an fish may see as something that doesn't look right.
I think young fish need every meal they can get because their only goal in live is to grow and reproduce. This leads them to take more chances at a prospective meal. A big fish is already at the top, or close to the top of his food chain. I don't think an older fish is using the same instincts that a young fish uses when it's feeding.
Do I think they can learn? No. I think they already know more about surviving in their environment than we will ever learn.