View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:43 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Looking for a 3wt, any advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerka View Post
Do your research, but I have enjoyed the heck out of my TFO Finesse. 7'9" 3wt.
THe only thing about TFO that I don't like is this. Somehow in the course of offering 10 different rods in 250 sizes, they don't have a 3 wt shorter than 7'9 in any of their offerings. No 6'6", 7', or 7'6" 3 or 4 wts available. I don't know who fishes with the longer 3 wts, but from what I have cast, a 3 wt is sweetest at 7 ft. I love the finesse action, but I got it in 4 and 5 wt, and ultimately went elsewhere for my small stream 3 wt. If you can live with 7'9" then the finesse is a great rod; if you want shorter, try the CT or the Imperial, or the winston passport.

And if you do e-bay, your $200 or less budget will get you a premium rod if you take a little time to look. I'm not sure if you'll get a BIIX like someone suggested, but you could definitely jump up a bracket. I get most of my rods on E-bay and for 200 you can get the following rods: St Croix Legend, Winston vapor, Sage fli, flight, vantage, VT2 (discontinued), Redington CPX, Scott A2 (discontinued) or used Scott a3. There are alot of options for 200 if you are considering used or discontinued on E-Bay.