View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much $ to replace a Cork handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausablebrown View Post
So, you'd say there could be $20-30 in materials? Any idea how extensive the job is and what a reasonable price would be?
Jason, a few "x-factors" here.

The ".... $20-30 in materials?" suggests this is a small handle so taking off the old, and cleaning up the butt of the blank would only take a few minutes. Not that big of a job (again, if you have the proper equipment, which I'll assume he does). The other 'x-factor' is if he's got to pull off/re-wrap/coat the rod guides above so he can feed the corks down to re-build the handle. And I think I'm safe to say .. he will.

All that aside, one to two hours work on his part, start to finish. So his 'bid' will be 'time, materials, and profit.' Guys got to eat and pay his rent.

Fred