View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 06:26 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much $ to replace a Cork handle?

Make sure it's done by a reputable rodbuilder. I've seen plenty of pre-fab forgrips that look like Flor grade cork but they are actually cheap cork that's been filled and sanded. After 2 months of use holes just start to "appear".
My advise? rub a few drops of wood glue into the gap, wipe it off with a damp cloth and fish on...

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausablebrown View Post
No, but oddly enough, I now may have two of them by a very strange turn of events. The new one; which I will again offer for sale if I can get this used one and be sure its not going to cost a fortune to fix the cork. I might just let it ride and fish with the cork how it is until something has to be done. It would probably fish a few years, just getting a little unglued around the top couple rings. I never thought I'd have one BIIX, let alone two...but the prices were too good to pass up
Don't Winstons have and unconditional, lifetime warranty?