View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:38 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Montana Stream Access Law - HB 309 - Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
The latest. This fellow (the Bill's Sponsor) really does think you're as dumb as a field of logged off stumps .... Scroll down a bit.

Wednesday 02/16/11 - Dillonite Daily
You know Fred, this one of the most annoying ironies of our day. These Republican out here (local, statewide, and national) mosey around and as long as the lies they spew have the "i'm just like you" good old boy tone, people listen. Frankly it is insulting, and it makes me mad as hell.

Here is just one dissenting opinion:
"The unfortunate reality," says Montana Trout Unlimited Conservation Director Mark Aagenes, "is that in order for [the bill's proponents] to fully make sure Mitchell Slough would be overturned, they needed to write the bill so broadly that it just makes it really difficult to see where the Stream Access Law would apply anymore."

And the major problem with this ridiculous bill, whether Mr. Welborn intended it or not, the legal consequences are more dire than the ____ he's shoveling in the Daily Dillionite (no disrespect, I love Dillon, it's one of my favorite places): Lane went on to describe the bill as senseless, pointing out that even the Bitterroot River—which, at least during irrigation season, fills with three times more returning diverted water as the primary flow of the river—would be defined as a ditch.

Here is the entire column from the Missoula Independent:
Waterways | Info | Missoula Independent

Understanding the language of the bill, it's intentions and flaws help write a concise letter to fellow Reps and Senators.

Last edited by dean_mt; 02-16-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: clean up.