View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fish - Smart / Notsmart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerka View Post
I have seen smaller pike come off the hook after a fight. Only to turn around and bite the same exact fly 10 seconds later. I have also seen the same distinct fish which I think is a large female that has some scars on top of the head that is probably from spawning.
I had a smaller one once that after being fought a good 30' came off, did a U turn and nailed the fly as fast as it could turn around. I've had big ones follow flies and not hit them at all. I think that might have more to do with as they get larger, they don't grow as fast and don't need to eat as often. But Pike are one of those types of fish that are compelled to look, hungry or not. I've seen some big ones do some pretty stupid stuff. I kinda have the big pike thing wired. I have caught so many over 40" it's rediculous. I'll bet you can get that big one. Keep trying different things.