View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 10:56 PM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Just ordered an Orvis BBS - did I make the right choice??

i think their "business ways" being "unpopular" has to do with expanding their fishing line to many other branches of product. this can be related to salespeople not being familiar with the origin of the company and basic fly equipment. to satisfy those naysayers is asking too much of a company trying to remain viable. they diversified, a key to their success.

don't torment yourself any longer. you'll like that BBS. let's see if you can make it another year WITHOUT buying another orvis reel, like.....a CFO!

BFR was not the only one to manufacture CFOs for orvis. i think they got off on the right foot by being made originally by hardy. BFR just rode along on the coat tails... LOL i agree that bronze color of the current CFOs is cool, but if you want an example of history and a well-regarded reel, get a used CFO III in the click style someday. they're grey. not the end-all reel, but a fine example.

eric
fresno, ca.