View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 AM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just ordered an Orvis BBS - did I make the right choice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecowarrior View Post
Good - my mind is more settled!

I went for the titanium colour. Not sure the guts ARE the same as in the CFO - the CFO looks different in it's brass gearing - the BBS has a RULON brake? Whatever, I like both.

I think I probably would have splashed out on the CFO if they'd done a IV version - the III seemed a touch small to me for a #6 line. Maybe next Birthday. Or Christmas. Or Father's Day. Or....

I didn't say the GUTs were the same as the CFO, but the TRADITIONAL BATTENKILL, in fact the same GUTS that were on the Original Battenkill Large Arbor. CFO has always been unique.
CFO is a smaller reel with the CFO I being the same diameter as the BBS II.
If you are lucky enough to find a HARDY made CFO, you will be looking at big bucks. BFR (British Fly Reels) probably made more of the CFO than HARDY so they are easier to find.
Shorthaul, I would have sent the tip-flex back and demanded a more similar feel, I know I am if anything (heaven forbid) happens to my "TL" in fact I will offer more if need to get what I want. Right now I think the T3 is the appropriant replacement for the TL.