View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 11:35 AM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just ordered an Orvis BBS - did I make the right choice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecowarrior View Post
Sorry Joni - reread your post - you didn't say it was the same as the CFO - DOH!!

A friend of mine has an old CFO IV he really rates - that'll be an old Pawl version - possibly Hardy? He'll be delighted to know it might be worth something.... so I won't tell him

Will let you know how I get on with the BBS when it arrives.

From what I have read and researched, the HARDY version will have rivets in the drag side of the reel. They are very hard to tell which are are and are not, but this has been the one tell, tell feature.
But then there are these that have it printed right on them:
Last Call Before going to eBay:Orvis CFO IV, CFO I - Fly Tackle For Sale, for Trade, or Wanted - Welcome to the Classic Fly Rod Forum! - The Classic Fly Rod Forum - Message Board - Yuku

Here is a little Hardy History:
Hardy: History and their reels