View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 05:38 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Distance limitations of a slower rod?

I have a slow parabolic rod you can still throw a bit of line with soft rods. The timing of you casting and speed of stroke will be the biggest factor in casting. they can be difficult to get use to if you are used to fast rods But I have always favored slower rods.

The in close presintation will be awesome with a soft 5! my 6 even suprised me in close.

in practice I have done 40' with ease (need to get out with the rod to know how far it will cast just got it)

The control of your loops has little to do with they type of rod it is a technique thing you will still manage tight loops with it

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD