Thread: Hub City Tyers
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 03:38 PM

TJ Rowden will become famous soon enoughTJ Rowden will become famous soon enough
Default San Juan Newbie . . .

Gordon,

Kyle and his contacts are likely the best when it comes to patterns, tips, tricks for the SJ. I will be joining them for the first time next month for their annual trip. So . . . I'm as interested in answers as you are and fortunately will have the opportunity to see some first hand this weekend.

As for your question Steve, my experience is limited to the last five years off and on when grad. school has allowed both time and expense. Here in Texas, I have yet to go. Before moving here, however, I lived in UT and fished many rivers, streams, and creeks for four years. Though I never floated or fished the Green River, I did however enjoy many other smaller waters from the Provo river (upper, middle, and lower) to some of the streams in the Uintahs and Wasatch mtn. ranges that offered all a guy could hope for who was new to the experience. FYI, those interested in more information regarding in the UT expereince may find the following site very helpful. The people and information are top notch overall, the two site adminstrators being folks who try and maintain such.

www.utahonthefly.com

Take care,

TJ