Thread: Hub City Tyers
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 04:11 PM

hideaway will become famous soon enoughhideaway will become famous soon enough
Default Fishing in West Texas

Steve,

For warm water: we have several reservoirs within an hour of here, but the best and biggest is Lake Alan Henry. It is about an hour south and it is a huge lake with only one baot ramp. Development around the lake is restricted, so it keeps the traffic to a minimum. Some kind of watercraft is a must, it is a dammed canyon and there are no banks to fish from. I like to fish it from a kayak and the bass fishing is incredible. Excellent top water action in the spring and fall.

For cold water: we can be fishing the Rio Penasco in southern New Mexico inless than 4 hours. It is a great fishery especially October through May, but it is all private and you have to pay for access. I personally believe it is well worth it.

We spend most of our time in Northern New Mexico. In less than 6 hours we can be at the Pecos, the Cimarron, the Rio Grande, the Red River, and many more. Northern New Mexico is a wonderful fishery, with loads of uncrowed water if you are willing to look for it. Please let me know if you want specifics.