02-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Re: what are your priorities when buying a rod?
Good luck with your choices...
Originally Posted by coldbrook
- do you find fly rods generally too expensive?
- is location of the manufacturer important to you?
I buy American when it makes sense
- would you try a new brand of rod, and if so, what would compel you to try a new brand?
Reviews, reputation. I'd cast a rod before I bought it.
- would you purchase a rod online?
New, probably not....used, absolutely
- what is your number one complaint about fly rods in your experience?
breakage is a pain. Buy a rod with a warranty...
I am thinking of buying a new rod, and generally find the prices very high, so am considering buying one online, maybe a brand I've never heard of. any info is appreciated!
I am also interested long term in getting into rod building...
do you feel there are a shortage of brand choices, or is the market flooded?
thanks for any info guys!