View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crayfish? Crawdad ? Swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
if it wasn't for AVG i'd be in the Library too
buzz
I have AVG now, but I almost ended up at the library because of Norton. I had the 360 version and it sucked and customer service at Norton I hate worse than sand in my eggs. I went and uninstalled it with the Norton uninstaller. It however, leaves a firewall behind pretty often that blocks you completely off the internet. If I didn't have a second computer, (thanks to programs I like that are not Vista compatable) I would have at the very least had to go to the library to download the Norton removal tool that gets all the crud, including the stinking firewall, out the uninstaller leaves behind. When it first blocked me off I called a help desk person who first thing tried to reset my modem. You have to be able to access the internet to undo the problems that causes. It only got worse from there. 5 hours and 3 techs later I got an advanced guy who said, "Oh yah, Norton is notorious for leaving a firewall and messing stuff up when you try and uninstall it." Thank goodness I had two computers. I was able to fix the modem and get the removal tool using it so I could fix my main one. Trust when I say I was not a fan of Norton to start with, but now I hate them with a flaming white hot passion.

The program I got the second computer for is my Lake Master map program that shows Lake of the Woods and the Rainy River in 1' increments. It shows everything but lost fishing tackle. Also the free photo shop that came with my first printer for free. I like it twice as much as the one I paid over $100.oo for. How does that work?