View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 11:05 PM

hypobaricstalker will become famous soon enoughhypobaricstalker will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to hypobaricstalker
Default Re: Attention Colorado River fishers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcordray View Post
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I guess here we go again.

Seems like every decade we have to fend off some threat to our prime waters. This is why I have no problem with water conservation efforts, especially in our most highly populated areas like the Denver-metro area. I have lived in Colorado for every one of my 46 years and I hardly recognize it anymore. The increased and ever-increasing population is taxing the area's resources to the breaking point. The lifestyle I knew as a child is on life support at this time.

For anybody planning to relocate to Colorado, or for anybody who knows somebody - If you (they) do not love and respect the outdoors and appreciate the need to have these precious assets available to our great grand-children, move somewhere else. Choose a big city that values concrete and air conditioning and neon and have a fabulous life. If you do move here, enjoy one of the greatest outdoor locations on the planet and support efforts to keep it that way.

Dismount soap box here.

Gary
Not a problem. I just hope if it happens, it doesnt take the effect that some might suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
Surprising that CO only has one "Wild and Scenic" river. milt.
Sarcasm? if so, why would that be necessary? I dont get the point of your message here.