View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 06:30 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wet / Streamer Tie-Along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
I have everything for 1, 2, and 3. I tried buy some grey duck or goose quills today at Sportsmans Warehouse but all they had was white. I'll check BP or Orvis this week for the stuff I'm missing.
Mudbug,

Here are a couple of sources that I use for feathers. The natural color of mallard wing feathers is what you want for the Leadwing coachman; the natural gray of the mallard is the color of lead. You want to purchase these feathers in pairs; left and right, because you'll be pairing them, back to back, for the wing.

Fly feathers 2

50 MALLARD QUILL WING FEATHERS,25 PAIR ,FLY TYING7"to8" - eBay (item 190502147553 end time Feb-27-11 12:21:51 PST)

Just be sure that you're buying pairs of feathers; not all from the same side.

Happy hunting!

Pocono