View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 11:52 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

What kind of variegated chenille is it? Is it just yellow and brown or somethign flashier?

The past day or two I churned out a half dozen size 8 beadchain clousers with congo hair instead of bucktail, a pair of crappie looking flies I saw on another forum I regularly troll and Killy I tried some of those damsels, they are awesome and fun to tie. I knocked out seven.

I couldn't tell what all was on there so i just kinda did my take on them. I used black bead chain instead of what looks like melted mono, tied in on the bottom side of the hook. Then attached the marabou about the tail, twisted it and then wrapped thread up and back down it. For the back i just used a shinyish tinsel... I like my flies to have a little pizazz. Then I dubbed up and around the eyes. I tied three in olive, black and one in brown... I'm out of brown marabou.

They are awesome flies and think they will produce great for me this summer.