View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Prefer to fish Mayflies, Caddis, or other?

TJ. The blue midge has an abdomen made of the Blue Flashabou Mirage mylar. I think I made the thorax out of either natural rabbit or adams grey superfine dubbing. I had two short tails made from the flash material.

The antron midge is painfully simple, but works well. Its easiest to tie with antron dubbing. The antron will be sticking out both ends, as a tail and over the hook eye. Use the thread of desired color for the abdomen. Tie down the antron where you want the south end of the abdomen to be, and continue to wrap up to where the thorax will begin. (add a wire rib over the abdomen if you like, for weight or segmentation) With the antron pulled back, dub a smallish abdomen. Pull the antron over the thorax and tie it down at the eye. Pull it out of the way and whip finish. Trim the antron to desired length at the ends.

Last one took longer to describe in type than it does to tie.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.