View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 12:24 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: battenkill mid arbor

just wondered something. my orvis catalog says the mid arbor III model is for 5/7 wt rods. it holds 100 yards of dacron backing and 7wt line. ok but heres where I am confused. I was gonna get it off ebay from a orvis dealer for $119 for the 7wt custom steelhead rod and stuff but they say its for 5/6 wt lines and holds only 75 yards of 6 wt line? now who do I believe? why pay $20 more dollars for the IV model which orvis says is 7/9, but the dealer says is 7/8, if I don't need it when I can spend that on some better fly line and backing. I don't see a steelhead in my river taking me out all 100 yards plus 90 feet of fly line. so basically what is right what is wrong???? will the III model hold a steelhead 6 pounds or so??? and will it hold 7wt line or do I need the 7/9 IV model? I don't wanna pay $20 for just more backing space if I don't gotta.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.