View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 10:52 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer09 View Post
I'm going to give it ago for some bass and bluegill in ponds and lakes this summer, there are always damsels and dragon flies flying around. From what i've read they fish well along weed beds and moss flats and these places just get killed with moss every year which makes fishing hard.

I also tried the south fork special and a midge or two, i forget the name of it, the one with the foam back.. or maybe you mentioned it in another thread?

anyway. the big ugly rubber legs really looks awesome and i've got some brownish goldish variegate chenille but nothing with any shimmer to it so i'll have to keep looking, also what kind of rubber legs are those?
I think the legs are called Flexi-floss or some such. There are a few different brands, but I don't usually use the round stuff. As for the foam backed flies, I have a couple I like. One is the Deep Purple Peril and the other is an emerger which I call the halfback or fullback/foamback emerger. Here are the pics and recipes:

KG's Fullback/Foamback Emerger:
Click the image to open in full size.

KG's Halfback/Foamback Emerger:
PMD:
BWO:

Hook: DaiRiki 125 sizes 20-22
Thread: Black 70 Ultra
Tail: Amber dubbing tied as shuck
Abdomen: Tying thread
Rib: Chartreuse Uni wire - x/small
Thorax: Black dubbing - picked out
Wingcase: Electronics packing foam

Here's a YouTube video of me tying the foamback emerger:

KG's Deep Purple Peril Midge:

Hook: DaiRiki 125 size 14
Thread: 8/0 Black
Abdomen: Black Thread - opt. epoxy
Rib: Holographic Purple Mylar - small
Thorax: Black dubbing
Wing: 2mm white foam

Hope this info helps.

Here's to good tying and having fun doing it!

Kelly.