View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How do you straighten leaders and tippets?

What I carry is rubber flaps between leather outer flaps,also I use my fingers however over the years I like many others have bought leaders,tipits which are forever tangling, coiling & are hard to straighten,are rubbish whereas others are good,regardless of price.
I have found ordinary leaders & Fluoro Tipits the go as I don't have half the trouble,Frog Hair Mono is also good.
My main causes was either the quality or my method of storage,I wind the leaders into coils ,secure them with twist lok cable,keep them individually in small zip top plastic bags which solved the problems,another quicker method is to wind them onto a leader holder about 3" in diameter.
Also I have just started to use & test the Furled Leaders which don't get the memory effect.