View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: what are your priorities when buying a rod?

• do you find fly rods generally too expensive?
Gripe Alert: Not when I had a good paying job. I wonder if the geniuses who decided Americans don't need job will ever realize their employees were also their consumers.
  • is location of the manufacturer important to you?
It was and still is for the most part. I try to buy domestically made products but it's a losing battle.
  • would you try a new brand of rod, and if so, what would compel you to try a new brand?
A brand I used to... not care for almost has me pulling the trigger on one of their new series of rods. It seems to have what I want and a price I can handle.

- would you purchase a rod online?

Never. I treasure the few fly shops we have left.
  • what is your number one complaint about fly rods in your experience?
They keep coming out with better and better technology! From what I've experienced some of the changes in fly rods have been incredible.
Who would have thought they would get so lightweight yet powerful, that 4 piece rods would feel the same as two piece and that rod guides would last longer than the owner! All of these changes kept me a good customer.