View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 07:37 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: battenkill mid arbor

The multi tip is also floating. It is floating, Intermediate, type III and Type V.
You already know I love Selective Trout, And WindCutter, but I just tried out the Air Flo Ridgeline. My feelings are WOW! this stuff shoots, BUT, it has memory in the cold which is right now, much more than the two I mention.
This line however, if effortless to cast...AND it is on sale right now for around $30. I am not sure what the up date is on this line, maybe new slicker coating.
Oh yeah, it makes noise which I am not use to, probably like the Sharskin because of it's unusual design, but I am totally sold. THREE OF MY FAVORITES.

The difference between BAMBOO and GRAPHITE. Hard to put that one in words. I will say glass is a closer comparison. The F&F by Orvis and the One Ounce come close. Bamboo is just a beautiful thing, very smooth and you are in touch with everything. I am talking however the UPPER end rods or the light rods. My Tea Stick is very light and sensitive. But the older 9'ers or the ones that sold for cheap like the H.I. and the Monty's, I would say they were just big long HEAVY dry fly sticks. I wonder if that is why LEE WULFF switched to a 6' for steelheading.