View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 10:34 AM

dave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura about
Default re: The most Gratifying piece of gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
The ecologist in me says try and remove any one item out of your list and try, for all practical purposes (sure you can wrap the line around your fist or something and yes Lee Wulff caught atlantics without a rod, yada yada) to fly fish in the classic sense. Its a system. Take any one item out and the system grinds to a halt. I think most of us would like to have all the pieces in place when we hit the river. Although...there is this....ever forget your flies and try to fly fish?
heh heh,
Gary
You are quite right Gary, it is a system. As I mentioned, all of the items are an essential part of fly fishing. As you say "Take any one item out and the system grinds to a halt." is a true statement.

My question is, I'll try to reword it: Which piece of equipment is your most favorite piece that gives you the most pleasure? BTW, price or quality doesn't have to be a determining factor. I hope this helps made the question more understood. I'll edit the pole a bit to try to make it more clear.