Thread: Sharkskin
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 03:53 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sharkskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
Could anyone who has used Sharkskin for a good length of time please take a look at the epoxy around the guides on your rod?
When casting this line on arelatively new Winston BII-Mx at the Charlotte show a few weeks ago we noticed divots cut into the epoxy from the line.
Needless to say, that concerned me enough to know I won't be beta-testing that line until long-term reports come in from the field.
Plus, was it me or doesn't this line seem louder and splashier when stripping line in? It seems to leave quite the wake at the casting pond.
Anyone else notice the divots and the wake?
Has anyone else noticed the epoxy divots that Jackster reports? It would be good for all of us to know about this if it's real, since sales of Sharkskin have been strong for 3M; which means that there are a lot of us either using it now or getting ready to use it.