View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 03:13 PM

dave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura about
Default re: The most Gratifying piece of gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi dave5977,

You left out the one thing that is by far the most important, the Fly Fisher's ability. I will take the experience/knowledge of a Fly Fisher over any equipment.

Frank
It seems my edit to this poll is still not getting my point accoss. It's mainly due to the initial question in the title. I don't know how to edit it. the word "important" in the question should be "gratifying" or "satisfying".
My idea is to ask about what one piece of gear gives you the most pleasure to fish with. Some of the comments are inline with what I had in mind.
I agree that knowledge is important to success that certainly can lead to gratification in the sport. But that comes with experience and learning. Something that can take years to achieve.
I suppose the opposite question would be: What one piece of gear give you the more fustration than any of the others?
I consider myself a 25 year novice. Some people can be an expert in less than a couple years.
Anyway, if I, or someone, could change "important" to something like "gratifying" that would be great.