View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:54 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How far can you cast?

I recently just upgraded my 5 wt rod, and it made quite a bit of difference for me on distance. Then again, I havn't measured my cast with my old rod for a couple of years and I assume that I have become a better caster since the last time I measured. With my 9'5wt TFO PRO and 4 years of fly-casting experience I measured from my feet to where the fly landed some casts of 65 ft, never hit 70. With my BIIX (and 6 years experience) I can double-haul 65' without feeling out of control at all. I can really push things (and risk being smacked in the back of the ear with a fly) and I have hit the mid 80's from my feet to the fly. Now you got me curious. I'm heading out to the yard with the tape measure to try double-hauling the TFO Pro.

What I am more encouraged by is me Sage TXL 4 wt 7'10". I almost hit 65ft with that using a WF. If I can hit that distance ill get alot more versatility out of this rod than I expected.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Hey Ard...
I'm not sure if you are going to get any more info on this, the poll is closed. Is there any way a moderator can open the poll back up?