View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 12:20 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tying Schollmeyer's Parasol Emerger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
I use strictly 2x mono for my posts - no heavier, no lighter. Heavier bulks up the hook too much and lighter allows the post to wrap around the leader when in use. That may be the problem. Also, look at the amount of material I use for one parasol in the pics above and you'll see it's quite a bit. If you use too little it will separate into two halves. My favorite material to use is gray nylon macrame yarn, although the material I show in the pic is very acceptable. I have a supply I found in a thrift store, but I'm sure you could find some in any craft store.

Kelly.

Kelly.
I was going to ask if you had problems with your tippet wrapping around those posts during casts. Your saying too light and it can cause problems?