View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 01:04 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tying Schollmeyer's Parasol Emerger

Yep, Maxima 2x is the material of choice. I've experimented with a variety of sizes and brands and the Maxima is what I settled on. The twisting comes from the lighter post material and the parasol wrapping around the leader. Although I only tie those posts about 1/4-inch to 3/8-inch long they can cause problems if you use too light of material, thus the 2x.

I've used flouro material, but it is a bit too stiff. With the post so short the fish won't usually be able to see the post anyway.

One tip is to make sure you tie the parasol using an "improved" clinch knot and not just a clinch knot. The extra step of bringing the tag end back through itself will assure a solid and permanent knot on the parasol.

Kelly.