View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 12:09 AM

dave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The most Gratifying piece of gear

So far, this poll has some interesting votes. Most likely because of the wording of the question on my part. The poll is skewed between "Most Important" and "Most Gratifying" piece of gear.

Here is the list of choices:
Most votes >>> Flies - Rod - Line - Reel - Leader <<< Least votes.

Then there are write in votes... Any of these could be included in the gratifying list. "Abilty" has secondary votes.

>>> Ability Glasses Waders -Tippet - Hook <<<

Oh yeah, "Glasses", It's very gratifying to see the knot I'm tying or the wind knot I'm trying to untie.

The Hook, h dot verseman suggested, is definitely important for size and quality. However, tying your own fly with a good hook that catches fish must be extremely gratifying. Perhaps this is the reason it is first on the most voted for list.

I find it interesting that the littlest and least expensive piece of gear, the imitation fly, is the whole reason for the rest of the gear. The right fly with a good hook is at the top of the list with the most votes and the last mentioned. Possibly the most important and the most gratifying piece of gear. Is it the Alpha and Omega in fly fishing????