View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 02:44 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Get geared up for preseason action on The Snake

Okay folks, it's time to get geared up for some preseason action on the Snake here in Jackson Hole. They will be clearing the boat launches on the first. Need to make the most of what ever time we get before the runoff begins. So it's time to shovel the boat out of the side yard and check to make sure all is in good working order. Don't want to wait till your out on the water to see if Ole Man Winter has taken a toll!!

Open up your closet and dig out you rods, vest and waders. Check your rods and line for any problems you left at the end of last years season. Go through and do an inventory of your vest. Make sure to restock your fly boxes. Check your left over leaders and tippets for old age. Finding out you should have tossed them and gone for new ones by losing fish is no fun. Blow up those waders and sink them in the tub to check for leaks. It may be spring but the water is still cold.

I'm already and planning my first trip with my boss and another of our guides. Preseason offers us some of our best fishing opportunities. Once the season gets in full swing it will be rare that we all are off on the same day. We have use this time for our guides days out.

Preseason offers some really great fishing. Not just we the fishermen are ready, so are the fish. This is the time of year when they start putting on the weight they lost over the long winter. They are still a bit lethargic but also hungry. The best action is from nymphing and slow fishing streamers.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures