View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 08:46 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Casting Help New Rod

This is kind of tough to diagnose. Your rods line weight difference is one factor. An 8wt and a 5wt are significantly different. Also the flex of your rods are different. The Clearwater is a fast action rod and the TFO is a med-fast action rod. Since you are not having problems with the Faster rod my guess is you are over powering the other. Slow your casting stroke down just a bit. Let the rod do the work.
As for getting the feel of the different weight try looking over your shoulder as you backcast. Watch your line straighten out. Do this with several false cast and see if you don't start to get the feel of the weight and the timing. Start with shorter cast and then slowly increase your distance till you get to the length you desire.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures