View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Korkers wading boots...

Hi Mack,

I have a pair of the ?? I just looked and they don't make it any longer. My pair sold for 89.99 I think and I have the two soles that came with plus the klingon studded rubber. As for the questions:

> If you've had to hike in them to your fishing spot, more than a mile and not on a paved path, how did they feel?? Comfortable?? Heavy?? Stiff??

I have walked 6 miles on one trip in the boots with the rubber studded soles on them. They were about like any other wading boot that I have marched in for comfort. They aren't bad, and the walk was up, down, over, and through. They are going to be three seasons old this year and probably have 20 miles on them (I use boats a lot) and they are not coming apart yet. They are not heavy.

> How do they feel while wading?? Get water logged and heavy??

No: With the studs I have been trusting them with my life and they are fine. I wade some pretty crazy stuff and use a staff also.

> I've only used felt soles before and since most places are banning it...How is the traction with the standard sole??

Smooth rubber not good. Get the extra 'Klingon Studded' not quite as good as felt with studs but pretty darn good, you get used to them.

> Lastly...if you wouldn't recomend either of these two, what would you recomend and why??

If you mean soles, the studs are it for wading. If you are in the boat the plain rubber is the ticket but if you are parking and fishing I leave the studs on. The boot I use is fine.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;