View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 12:45 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wet / Streamer Tie-Along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
John, I'd say you got your floss body down pretty well! I've never tyed in as Hughes teaches, but I think I'll give it a try. I'm always tying the tip forward, hackling forward and tying off the stem forward of the hackle. If I tyed the tip back, hackled back and wove the thread forward through the hackle, I'd expect to be tying off the stem behind the hackle and the weaving of the thread forward would give me a little more security on the hackle staying in place, I guess. I could also see it giving a nice, small head to the fly since there's no stem to tie off in front of the hackle. I'll give it a try next time. Thanks.
All of your points are exactly right. Plus after you tie in the tip when you then dub the thorax over it it is already built up a little. The sequnce works really well, no extra wraps anywhere and a nice fine head.

The bugger looks great, I can't wait to crank out a small army of them.