Thread: Nautilus FWX
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 01:55 PM

ddombos2 will become famous soon enoughddombos2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to ddombos2 Send a message via Skype™ to ddombos2
Default Re: Nautilus FWX

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojohn View Post
I also own a Nautilus FWX 3/4 and love it. I needed a reel to balance an 8 foot 4 weight, and this one did it the best. The reel is light, the drag system is very nice and certainly more than what you would need on a 3/4 weight rod.

I also own the Nautilus FW 5 reel for use on a six weight. It is only .4 ounces heavier than the comparable FWX 5/6. The old FW reels will accept the new FWX spool. Having owned this reel, purchasing a new FWX reel was an easy decision.

I have been very impressed by the quality of Nautilus Reels. My first reel was a Ross, and I still love my Ross Reels. Nautilus provides the same quality at a very competitive price. The FWX reels are actually slightly lighter than the Evolution LT series.

There are many fine reel manufacturers to choose from. Price inevitably plays a role in my decisions. Nautilus provides one of the lightest, highest quality reels for the price.
This is not the first time I find myself in absolute agreement with chicagojohn. I like these reels up to steelhead and periodic saltwater. I'm pretty sure the Nautilus guys actually fish the FWX 7/8 on their light bonefish rigs. I would shy away from them on dedicated salmon, snook, and bull redfish.