View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 07:35 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wet / Streamer Tie-Along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
All of your points are exactly right. Plus after you tie in the tip when you then dub the thorax over it it is already built up a little. The sequnce works really well, no extra wraps anywhere and a nice fine head.

The bugger looks great, I can't wait to crank out a small army of them.
John,

Only one point that I can think of as a drawback and that's if you tip tie-in and wind the hackle backwards; towards the bend, then the longer hackle barbs are going to be placed towards the tail; not towards the eye, which is generally preferred. For dry flies, I see no issue, since the hackle is pretty uniform. For Wet flies, where the hackle varies, it could be a point to consider.

You could counter that by tying-in at the base of the hackle, but that would give you a pretty good sized lump as you wound your hackle back towards the bend.

I'm still going to give it a try.

Glad you liked the bugger; it's pretty close to Blessing's original pattern.

Pocono