View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Fisherman in Japan Earthquake

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversink View Post
Measurement for radiation exposure measured by SV (Sievert):

1 SV = 1,000 mili SV = 1,000,000 micro SV

A) It takes 1 SV to cause 5% fatility.
B) 0.1 or 100 mili SV is the allowence for 1 working session of nuclear powerplant workers.
C) Round trip between Tokyo and New York will give you 200 micro SV exposure.
D) Average person is exposed to 2,400 micro SV in one year.
E) CT Scan is 6,900 micro SV

Last night, reading at Tokyo was 0.1 micro SV and at Tochigi, state next of Fukushima, was 0.5 micro SV.

Current status in region near Tokyo is ABSOLUTELY nothing to worry about.
NRC has announced the same about US Pacific coast.

Please tell investors to do the math before they chiken out.
Wall street businessman on regular trips on flight is more exposed to radiation than me fly fishing in mountans of Fukushima
Thank you for posting that. There are news people here, and I use the term in the loosest sense of the word attempting to make it sound like the world will come to an end from radiation. The policy with some of them is to "never let a good crisis go to waste". Most of what they are saying about the reactors is not only wrong but not possible from a technical standpoint. Like the fallout nonsense. It's getting to the point where it's making me to mad to watch it.

I'm glad to hear you are OK. As an American I am embarrased by our stupid dishonest press, starting with CNN. It's a shame that you have to take time to correct them and set the story straight.

Take care and good luck.