View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 05:14 AM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default Re: SA Mastery Textured GPX

Ok, a quick review-

I got back yesterday afternoon from the Norkork River in northern Arkansas where I fished the textured GPX line on a Winston rod. The line is noisy through the guides, there is no denying this. But I found it to be kind of a pleasant and not annoying noise. I stripped plenty of woolys and did not suffer and line rub issues and as for line shooting- this stuff is like a rocket. The line is kind of a contradiction, it shoots and sounds like an old school SA bonefish line from the late 80s, early 90s but in delivery paired with my 4 weight it was very supple.

Bottom line- On trips to this river I always float the river in a kayak which allows me to carry both a 3 or 4 weight for drys and small nymphs and have my 10ft 5 weight loaded with a large bead head wooly for swinging in the deep fast runs. This day the 4wt was loaded with the new SA GPX and the 5wt was loaded with a brand new Airflo Sixth Sense. When I would go from my 4wt to the Airfo loaded 5 I was wishing the 5 had the SA Textured GPX line and not the Airflo...