View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all gardeners....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGal View Post
I spotted the first few leaves of the crocus the other day.....Only in the plowed areas of my driveway....our ground is not frozen so spring will be on schedule even though we got hammered this winter with snow. This is the first year I had to dig a 6 x 6ft hole in the snow to reach my compost pile and low and behold the worms were just hanging out at the top of the pile.

Snow is going fast, we lost about 6" yesterday and some of our summer birds have started to return.

P-willows (funny the forum won't let me write the full name - LOL) are in bloom and a few of our quaking aspen have broken bud.

It will be a few months before I can wrap my mouth around a mater....

Funny you should bring up garlic, I just found a bag of it in the greenhouse from last fall's sorting and it made it thought the winter in an unheated GH.....Still good and not sprouting yet like my other stored garlic is....Hmmmm, new technique???

I've got a plastic hoop house set up inside the greenhouse (why heat all of it if your only using 1/4th? Inside the plastic is Dahlias, Cannas, Begonias, Crocosmias and Colocasia (elephant ears).

Any day now I will start some of my annual vines and potted plants.

In about a month, the GH gets inundated with thousands of annuals shipped from several different states throughout New England.

This is like the best of both worlds....Get to talk dirt and fishing....Scheet!

I can look out the front window and see our white and purple crocus bloomin, the Tulips are about 5" tall and we had a skiff of wet snow this morning.

I would love to have a green house, maybe someday. Bet it's awsome when everything get's growin.

Give the new Garlic growing method a try, you may be onto something.

Kinda fun talkin dirty with ya FlyGal........ lol

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*