View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 06:18 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Long Island Bahamas Bonefish DIY info desired.............

When we went out to "Turtle Rock" I stopped fishing after about 20 fish. The Lemon sharks came around & even though the guide said "They won't bother you mon" & noticing he was standing in the boat I climbed in, grabbed a Kalik & watched my buddies catch fish..Turtle rock is an above the surface reef about 20'X6'. Its on a mound & the bonefish where just swimming around it. It was fun but I enjoyed the flats more. It was like doing my 2 favorite things, hunting & fishing at the same time. On the flats on my worst day I hooked about 6 fish & I did a lot better after I learned not to cast to every grass spot I saw unless it was moving. I definitely missed a lot of fish & drove the guide crazy. He handled it well, he only cried once. My partner had some mobility problems so most of the time the guide was with him in the boat & I stalked on the other side of the flat. I loved it. The guides were part of a package so I don't know their daily cost but they were well worth it. Like I said we're doing the exact same trip again next year. Early in the week with all that fresh water in the inner flats they warned us that the conditions were not the best & they took us to the outer flats & Turtle Rock. Later in the week conditions improved & we didn't have that long boat ride of 45-60 min to get to fish. All the guides were related & were experienced. I've had guided trips before & these guys rank among the best.