Thread: tying flies
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: tying flies

I may be scolded for recommending another site, but the fly tying instruction available at www.flyanglersonline.com is extensive and very thorough. It's how I learned. If you can, set up your tying station where you can see your monitor and scroll through the steps of tying a given fly. The beginner's section, may seem more trout-centric, but everything you learn will be useful.

On that hackle, I would assume the fly was something of the wooly-bugger type. A wire rib will help the hackle last much longer. The rib MUST be wrapped around the hook shank in the opposite direction from the hackle. You should be able to find illustrated steps to this process on FAOL.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.